"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Angela Schwindt

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lesson #3 - That Darn Little Leprechaun


It's 6:10 am and panic strikes me! I jump out of bed, make sure Izzy is still sleeping, and proceed to walk into the kitchen. Why? Because Izzy set out a Leprechaun trap last night and the Little Leprechaun a.k.a. Mommy forgot! So bleary eyed and still half asleep I proceed to make a mess of the trap (since apparently that's what Leprechauns do), take the present that Izzy left him (the flower painting that is posted) and stick it in my purse, write an itty bitty thank you note for the present and leave it with a Hershey's kiss. Then I get back into bed, but of course I'm wide awake by now, and wait for Izzy to wake up. Okay, so you might think I'm crazy. But the truth is...some of my favorite childhood memories are those where my mom went out of the way to make a holiday magical. And what's life without a little magic. Besides, while I'm sure Izzy will blame me for not doing something later on in life, what I won't ever be blamed for is spoiling a holiday. So to everyone, Happy St. Patty's Day!

4 comments:

Karen Wesley Writes said...

Such a good Mommy! I'm the bad mom who says, "That darn tooth fairy must have been really busy last night. Put it back under the pillow, maybe he'll make here tomorrow."

Izzy's Mom said...

Karen you have no idea how much I wanted to stay curled up in bed but Izzy worked so hard on that painting. She kept asking me if I thought the leprechaun would take it. I just couldn't disappoint her.

Unknown said...

Awww that's sweet. I love that idea and may use it myself! New follower here. I'd love a follow back at sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com

Izzy's Mom said...

I just checkout sugarplumsandlollipops and even posted a comment on one of your posts that I thought was great. Thanks for following me. I'm following you now too.

Post a Comment