"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Angela Schwindt

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lesson #4 - Jeepers Creepers


Izzy came home from school and I started to look through her school folder when I came across a spider. Not a real one, but one that she had drawn in school. It’s very detailed and has names to all the body parts. Izzy asked me if I knew that spiders had eight eyes. I’m sure I knew that spiders had eight eyes at some point in my life, but after several decades since school and hundreds of brain cells dying during my pregnancy, I must have forgotten. Not that I’ve ever liked spiders to begin with so I might have wanted to forget. Especially since they come and visit my home on a weekly basis. Now, I don’t mind these creepy crawlers outside my home. In fact, I love seeing their beautiful spun webs but inside my house is a different matter. They are just not invited and don’t belong. But now I know why, no matter how you creep up on them, they always know you’re there. It’s the eight eyes. I don’t know about you, but to me, that just makes them creepier. So to Izzy, while Mama thanks you for the spider lesson, some lessons are best kept for your Daddy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Doesn't it seem like you go through your whole house and suck down those webs and two days later their back? I've even found them in the shower stall! Yuck! Hi I'm Natalie and I found you on Cyber Connect! I'm your newest follower, com by my blog if you want and have time(I have four and a women's forum you don't have to go to all hehe) http://bridgetsdaughter5.blogspot.com

Izzy's Mom said...

Thanks Natalie for visiting. I just checked out your blog and now I'm following you. Loved your ranting (we all have to do it sometime) and your quotes are right on the nose.

Post a Comment